Our cable TV is out
A power pole at the end of our street, rotten near its base, finally gave up the ghost, leading to:
I did finally learn the value of having UPS/battery backup, though, so that's cool. Yay to my friend R for getting that for me for Christmas! You rock, R!
- a downed power line,
- a smoking fire,
- the arrival of fire trucks and police cruisers,
- the closing down of our street,
- a high number of neighbors all standing on the street at once,
- high adrenaline levels for me and the doggie,
- a cathartic and very, very fun or torturous (I'm not actually sure) session of howling for the doggie,
- the impressively rapid dousing of the fire,
- the arrival of a very large. way tall crane to hold up the power pole (at a 45 degree angle, apparently),
- m having to park the truck down the street instead of in the driveway for a while, and worst of all,
- the not yet fixed loss of cable tv.